I have been drinking green smoothies ever since I stumbled upon Tracy’s blog called The Love Vitamin. She has several recipes on how to make delicious green smoothies. Tracy is such an amazing down to earth person who has a lot to offer to the world. She mainly blogs about how to get acne free clear skin, but there is also information on her blog on how to develop a healthy body and mind. I have been following her blog since the past year and will continue to appreciate the knowledge that she shares with her viewers.
The reason I love drinking green smoothies is because not only are they good for the body, but they are also very delicious. There are so many different ways on how to make green smoothies and you will never get bored of drinking them. Green smoothies are made up of fruits and vegetables. Just mix in leafy green vegetables that are in just in your house with some fruits, and then you will have your green smoothie that will do miracles for the body.
Benefits Of Drinking Green Smoothies:
- Nutrients that were in the fruits and vegetables get easily absorbed into the body.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Helps flush out toxins from the body.
- Healthy skin.
- Keeps a person full so they don’t crave for food as much as they would normally do
- healthy nails and hair
- more energy and alertness
- prevents cancer
- blood is purified
- have antioxidants that prevent damage of cells by the free radicals
- helps maintain the PH level of body
- regular bowel movements
- packed with Zinc, Potassium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, A, K, C, and many more.
My Simple Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe:
- Vegetables= kale, spinach, celery,lettuce
- Fruits= handful of berries, 1 avocado, half an apple, 1/2 piece of banana.
- 1/2 cup of pure water
I like to keep my green smoothies very simple. I don’t really like to stress over the ratio of vegetable to fruits. Whatever green leafy vegetables and fruits are in my house, I just throw them in blender and blend them up.
Drinking green smoothies may not be very enjoyable in taste when you first start out. Try to add more fruits than vegetable in the beginning to get used to the taste and then work your way up. Green smoothies with more green leafy vegetables over fruits is a always a better choice. Try to drink at least one glass of green smoothies everyday for optimal health.
If you want to learn more ways to make delicious green smoothies, check out the blog Smoothie Handbook, which I also got introduced through Tracy. There are lot of fun recipes for green smooties and let me know if you try some:)
Salmon is one of the most nutrient packed fish that people can consume. Whenever choosing Salmon, Wild caught Salmon (Alaskan Salmon) is always a better choice over farm raised salmon. Farm raised salmon isn’t very natural because it has added hormones that can be harmful to the body. In addition to having hormones, farm raised salmon is usually died to give it a flesh pinkish color. So, whenever you guys go to the market to buy salmon always make sure to buy wild caught to get all the wonderful benefits that salmon has to offer.
Benefits of Eating Salmon:
- It contains vitamins such as Folate, Niacin, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B5, D, C, K ,and many more which are essential to the proper functioning of our body.
- Contains minerals such as Zinc, Manganese, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Copper, Selenium, and many more.
- High levels of Vitamin D and Selenium in Salmon lower the chances of getting cancer.
- It can lower blood sugar levels by speeding up the rate of metabolism.
- It is very rich in proteins that can help support the joint cartilages and other tissues of the body.
-It is packed with essential Omega 3 Fatty acids. These Omega 3 fatty acids are called essential fatty acids because our body doesn’t produce them naturally. They are only obtainable through our diet.
Omega 3 fatty acids in Salmon
- lower bad cholerestol while increasing the level of good cholesterol
- reduce inflammation in the body
- help with arthritis
- help with asthma
- improve memory
- helps with Alzheimer’s disease
- reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes by lowering the triglyceride levels in blood
- help with depression
- can help in the prevention of skin, oral, colon, prostate, breast, and blood cancer
- its antioxidants prevent the damage of healthy cells by free radicals
- reduces the risk of macular degeneration which can cause eye blindness
- improves skin and hair health
- promotes the production of Collagen
Ways to Cook Salmon
Salmon can be baked, grilled, pan fried, and poached. My favorite way to cook Salmon is by grilling it.
Steps For Grilling Salmon
1. Preheat the grill to 500 degree. Make sure the grill is clean before heating it.
2. Smear olive oil or coconut oil all over the Salmon fillets.
3. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on the salmon fillets.
4. Place it on the grill with flesh side being down.
5. Let the flesh side cook for about three minutes and then switch the sides.
6. Cook the skin side then for three to four minutes and then slide it off the grill.
7. Squeeze some lemon onto the salmon and then enjoy it with some veggies.
How many times per week should people consume wild-caught salmon?
Consuming Wild-caught Salmon two times a week will be the healthiest for body.
- Omega-3 Overview (purevitamins.com.au)
There are many types of berries out there in the market. The ones that I usually consume are strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, and raspberries. Berries have undeniably many great benefits to health. Not only are they good in taste, but they are also very low in calories and sugar. They are full of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, C, B, Zinc, Selenium, iron, and etc. The best way to consume berries is always when they are in their fresh original state and not when they have been processed with other foods.
Benefits Of Eating Berries:
- Berries are known for being the natures top antioxidant food. Antioxidants prevent free radicals from damaging the cells and tissues in the body.
- Keeps wrinkles away because Vitamin C in berries helps prevent the loss of collagen.
- Berries contain a carotenoid called Lutein which helps to maintain a healthy vision by preventing eye disease like cataracts.
- They contain a pigment called Anthocyanin which is known for being a anti-cancer and anti-microbial agent.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease because Anthocyanin in berries also helps to maintain the health of arteries and red blood cells.
- They are very rich in fiber. Fiber is known to lower cholesterol, aid in digestion, flush out toxins, lower the risk of colon cancer, and aid in losing weight.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Can help with urinary inflections by preventing of the growth of harmful bacteria that causes those infection. It also promotes the growth of good bacteria.
- Prevents neurons, brain cells, from degenerating. It promotes the health of nervous system.
- Improves memory
- Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Can help shed some fat over the belly.
- Reduces inflammation in body and thus help with the disease that are associated with inflammation such as acne, asthma, and arthritis.
Easy Healthy Ways To Incorporate Berries Into Diet:
- Put them in fruit smoothies or green smoothies to drink up all its benefits.
- They can help bring more flavor to a boring tasting salad. So, text time you guys decide to eat salad, just throw some berries in there to add a sweet taste to it.
- Dip the berries in a rich dark chocolate that is full of antioxidants.
Best Place To Buy Berries:
Local farmers market will always be the best place to get the fresh berries from. Even though berries can be very expensive, but they are totally worth their price. Instead of spending money on processed foods like chips and cookies that does nothing but harm to the body, we should all invest our money in healthy foods like berries that will actually improve our health.
Green Tea is a drink known for changing the way we look and feel about our self. This miracle tea was first consumed in China, but now it has become a popular drink throughout the world due to its amazing health benefits. The most active ingredient found in green tea is EGCG and that helps give the green tea its superfood properties.
Benefits Of Drinking Green Tea
- Green tea is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants fight free-radicals which are known to cause aging, cancer, and other types of diseases through the body.
- Reduces chances of heart diseases because it prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Lowers bad cholesterol and helps balance out the ratio of bad cholesterol with good cholesterol.
- It inhibits the growth of many types of cancer cells. Studies have shown that Green tea helps in reducing the risk of esophagus cancer, lung cancer. breast cancer, skin cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and many other various forms of cancer.
- Helps improve memory. It inhibits the development of enzymes that are known to cause Alzheimer diseases.
- Green tea helps reduce weight and it does this by increasing the body’s metabolism rate. It also decrease the Leptin hormone that is responsible for hunger.
- It helps arthritis by inhibiting the production of molecules that will be harmful to the bones and cartilages.
- Green tea helps the body get rid of toxins.
- It reduces inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation in body is known to cause acne. So drinking green tea can help heal acne.
- It can help improve the condition of eczema, dry skin, and redness.
- It helps diabetes because it controls the amount of sugar in the blood.
- Green tea improves skin elasticity and gives the skin a nice glow.
- Helps with depression because it contains a amino acid called theanine which relieves stress and provides relaxation.
- Antioxidant catechin in green tea helps prevent periodontal diseases. Periodontal diseases are disease associated with gums and teeth bone which can lead to other diseases in the body.
- Improves immunity.
- Helps with allergies by blocking chemicals that cause allergic reactions.
How much Green tea should people be consuming?
Consumption of green tea will vary from person to person, but every individual should be drinking at least one cup of green tea everyday. A person who is trying to lose weight should be drinking 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
When are the best times to drink green tea?
People should drink green tea when they are eating their breakfast or during their lunch. Green tea shouldn’t be consumed on empty stomach.
There are lots of good brands out there for green tea, but I believe the more nautral and organic it is, the better it will be for health. The brand that I personally like the most is Stash Organic Premium Green Tea. I buy it off of Amazon and it cost around 20 dollars for a pack of 6 that contain 18 tea bags per pack. The taste of green tea is slight on the bitter side, but it is bearable.