There are many types of berries out there in the market. The ones that I usually consume are strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, and raspberries. Berries have undeniably many great benefits to health. Not only are they good in taste, but they are also very low in calories and sugar. They are full of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, C, B, Zinc, Selenium, iron, and etc. The best way to consume berries is always when they are in their fresh original state and not when they have been processed with other foods.
Benefits Of Eating Berries:
- Berries are known for being the natures top antioxidant food. Antioxidants prevent free radicals from damaging the cells and tissues in the body.
- Keeps wrinkles away because Vitamin C in berries helps prevent the loss of collagen.
- Berries contain a carotenoid called Lutein which helps to maintain a healthy vision by preventing eye disease like cataracts.
- They contain a pigment called Anthocyanin which is known for being a anti-cancer and anti-microbial agent.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease because Anthocyanin in berries also helps to maintain the health of arteries and red blood cells.
- They are very rich in fiber. Fiber is known to lower cholesterol, aid in digestion, flush out toxins, lower the risk of colon cancer, and aid in losing weight.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Can help with urinary inflections by preventing of the growth of harmful bacteria that causes those infection. It also promotes the growth of good bacteria.
- Prevents neurons, brain cells, from degenerating. It promotes the health of nervous system.
- Improves memory
- Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Can help shed some fat over the belly.
- Reduces inflammation in body and thus help with the disease that are associated with inflammation such as acne, asthma, and arthritis.
Easy Healthy Ways To Incorporate Berries Into Diet:
- Put them in fruit smoothies or green smoothies to drink up all its benefits.
- They can help bring more flavor to a boring tasting salad. So, text time you guys decide to eat salad, just throw some berries in there to add a sweet taste to it.
- Dip the berries in a rich dark chocolate that is full of antioxidants.
Best Place To Buy Berries:
Local farmers market will always be the best place to get the fresh berries from. Even though berries can be very expensive, but they are totally worth their price. Instead of spending money on processed foods like chips and cookies that does nothing but harm to the body, we should all invest our money in healthy foods like berries that will actually improve our health.
- Superfoods, by Jen Broyles (leadiazr.wordpress.com)