Salmon is one of the most nutrient packed fish that people can consume. Whenever choosing Salmon, Wild caught Salmon (Alaskan Salmon) is always a better choice over farm raised salmon. Farm raised salmon isn’t very natural because it has added hormones that can be harmful to the body. In addition to having hormones, farm raised salmon is usually died to give it a flesh pinkish color. So, whenever you guys go to the market to buy salmon always make sure to buy wild caught to get all the wonderful benefits that salmon has to offer.
Benefits of Eating Salmon:
- It contains vitamins such as Folate, Niacin, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B5, D, C, K ,and many more which are essential to the proper functioning of our body.
- Contains minerals such as Zinc, Manganese, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Copper, Selenium, and many more.
- High levels of Vitamin D and Selenium in Salmon lower the chances of getting cancer.
- It can lower blood sugar levels by speeding up the rate of metabolism.
- It is very rich in proteins that can help support the joint cartilages and other tissues of the body.
-It is packed with essential Omega 3 Fatty acids. These Omega 3 fatty acids are called essential fatty acids because our body doesn’t produce them naturally. They are only obtainable through our diet.
Omega 3 fatty acids in Salmon
- lower bad cholerestol while increasing the level of good cholesterol
- reduce inflammation in the body
- help with arthritis
- help with asthma
- improve memory
- helps with Alzheimer’s disease
- reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes by lowering the triglyceride levels in blood
- help with depression
- can help in the prevention of skin, oral, colon, prostate, breast, and blood cancer
- its antioxidants prevent the damage of healthy cells by free radicals
- reduces the risk of macular degeneration which can cause eye blindness
- improves skin and hair health
- promotes the production of Collagen
Ways to Cook Salmon
Salmon can be baked, grilled, pan fried, and poached. My favorite way to cook Salmon is by grilling it.
Steps For Grilling Salmon
1. Preheat the grill to 500 degree. Make sure the grill is clean before heating it.
2. Smear olive oil or coconut oil all over the Salmon fillets.
3. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on the salmon fillets.
4. Place it on the grill with flesh side being down.
5. Let the flesh side cook for about three minutes and then switch the sides.
6. Cook the skin side then for three to four minutes and then slide it off the grill.
7. Squeeze some lemon onto the salmon and then enjoy it with some veggies.
How many times per week should people consume wild-caught salmon?
Consuming Wild-caught Salmon two times a week will be the healthiest for body.
- Omega-3 Overview (purevitamins.com.au)