I have been drinking green smoothies ever since I stumbled upon Tracy’s blog called The Love Vitamin. She has several recipes on how to make delicious green smoothies. Tracy is such an amazing down to earth person who has a lot to offer to the world. She mainly blogs about how to get acne free clear skin, but there is also information on her blog on how to develop a healthy body and mind. I have been following her blog since the past year and will continue to appreciate the knowledge that she shares with her viewers.
The reason I love drinking green smoothies is because not only are they good for the body, but they are also very delicious. There are so many different ways on how to make green smoothies and you will never get bored of drinking them. Green smoothies are made up of fruits and vegetables. Just mix in leafy green vegetables that are in just in your house with some fruits, and then you will have your green smoothie that will do miracles for the body.
Benefits Of Drinking Green Smoothies:
- Nutrients that were in the fruits and vegetables get easily absorbed into the body.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Helps flush out toxins from the body.
- Healthy skin.
- Keeps a person full so they don’t crave for food as much as they would normally do
- healthy nails and hair
- more energy and alertness
- prevents cancer
- blood is purified
- have antioxidants that prevent damage of cells by the free radicals
- helps maintain the PH level of body
- regular bowel movements
- packed with Zinc, Potassium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, A, K, C, and many more.
My Simple Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe:
- Vegetables= kale, spinach, celery,lettuce
- Fruits= handful of berries, 1 avocado, half an apple, 1/2 piece of banana.
- 1/2 cup of pure water
I like to keep my green smoothies very simple. I don’t really like to stress over the ratio of vegetable to fruits. Whatever green leafy vegetables and fruits are in my house, I just throw them in blender and blend them up.
Drinking green smoothies may not be very enjoyable in taste when you first start out. Try to add more fruits than vegetable in the beginning to get used to the taste and then work your way up. Green smoothies with more green leafy vegetables over fruits is a always a better choice. Try to drink at least one glass of green smoothies everyday for optimal health.
If you want to learn more ways to make delicious green smoothies, check out the blog Smoothie Handbook, which I also got introduced through Tracy. There are lot of fun recipes for green smooties and let me know if you try some:)
- Green Smoothies (bostonbelle1984.wordpress.com)
- The 5 Best Green Smoothie Videos on YouTube (onegreenplanet.org)